This course aims to prepare conductors to be musical agents of change through aspiring for both social justice and artistic excellence.
The course is for emerging and experienced conductors who can gain expertise in working with people creatively and compassionately. In addition all participants will be involved in a group choral project that reaches out in a dispossessed community. There is an annual C21C-course in Stockholm and, as of 2015 also outside of Sweden.
Each course has one or more choirs in residence for the participants to work with.
Workshops and master classes will take place in the following areas;
- Conducting gesture and communication
- Approach to socially responsible work
- Processes for intercultural collaboration
- Broad base of repertoire
- Strategies for song leading
- Experimental and improvisational processes
- vocal and choral techniques